Artist Sue Appleby Presents
The Colour Workshop:
Get the Best Out of Your Paint Palette!
What to expect:
- expert tuition from an experienced visual art teacher of 18 years,
- tea,coffee and biscuits, materials included,
- by the end of the day you with have a collection of colour studies, a mini canvas (or the start of one- depends how quickly you work!)
- fun and friendly atmosphere
In 4 hours you will:
- learn more about the colour wheel and the psychology of colours
- learn how to mix an enormous range of colours
- learn how select colours to match a photo, item or landscape.
- improve your painting technique
- artist talk on current exhibition
- a Visual diary
- an item or photo you would like to paint
- packed lunch & drink water bottle
Open to all abilities!
Instructor: Sue Appleby
When: Saturday 12 October - 11am - 3pm
Where: Eramboo: Artist Environment
About the instructor:
Sue has been on a creative journey as an artist and art teacher since 1991. As a teacher Sue has worked mainly with High school students in rural NSW, ACT and China. As an artist she has explored painting and drawing, worked with clay, metal and experimental printing methods. Her work largely focuses on vibrant colour combinations, abstract compositions, expressions of energy and enthusiastic mark making. She has shown her works in Newcastle, Canberra, Yorkshire and Sydney. She has also studied a little- achieving a BAVA and Dip Ed., Newcastle University, MAFA Leeds University and Diploma of Art (Ceramics) ANU Canberra.